From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to prevent Firefox from switching VT?
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:37:11
1 Ralf Stephan wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm using mutt as MUA in an xterm on VT1 and calling up,
4 > via urlview, FF on VT2 with a web page from a mail URL.
5 > Up to some time recently, Firefox only switched VT the
6 > first time I did this, now it does it every time, annoyingly.
7 >
8 > I would like to make FF stick to a specific VT, or just
9 > not switch VT when called from another. Possible?
10
11 It does not happen here. I'm on KDE 3.5.10. I guess you have "Focus
12 Stealing Prevention" disabled. KDE Control Center->Desktop->Window
13 Behavior->Advanced->Focus Stealing Prevention Level->Choose at least
14 "Low" here.
15
16 If you're on something else than KDE, I don't know :P Look for the
17 equivalent of KDE's focus stealing prevention in your WM/DE (if it has one).