From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 21:07:28
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 07:09:49 +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
3 >
4 >> I used initrd's many years ago, and separate /usr and/ until on a redhat
5 >> system I rebooted with an out of sequence initrd and kernel on a
6 >> critical server (the sort of thing that puts your employment at risk
7 >> when there are 20 odd developers using it ...)
8 > That's the main reason I build the initramfs into the kernel rather than
9 > as a separate file. That way you know that each kernel will always
10 > continue to work, you can't screw up the initramfs of a working kernel.
15 That was my thinking too. I never got it to work. I went to plan B
16 which was dracut.
17
18 Dale
19
23 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!