From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: Re: mount: unknown filesystem type 'ext2'
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 19:59:50
1 On 12/29/05, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > OK, so mount only refers to fstab for fs info if the device isn't
3 > specified. What is the logic behind that? If that behavior was
4 > recently implemented, it would explain why I'm only now getting the
5 > error. I've always mounted as above.
6
7 >From the mount man page, I think /etc/filesystems has an effect here.
8
9 Try adding "ext3" above the "*" on the last line:
12 # Try ext3 before all others
13 ext3
14 # Keep the last '*' intact as it directs mount to use the
15 # filesystems list available at /proc/filesystems also.
16 # Don't remove it unless you REALLY knows what you are doing!
17 *
18
19 -Richard
23 > - Grant