From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The NVIDIA/Kernel fiasco -- is it safe to sync yet?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 01:41:49
1 On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 07:57:20 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 27/08/2013 04:06, »Q« wrote:
5 > > On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:02:32 +0200
6 > > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > >
8 > >> That list is the list of kernels that nVidia supports, which is
9 > >> easy to find.
10 > >
11 > > Where? AIUI from reading various threads about this, sometimes that
12 > > info can be found in nVidia's developer web forum, but I've never
13 > > been able to find it there. nVidia's READMEs give a minimum kernel
14 > > version, but no max.
15 >
16 > So ask nVidia to clearly and unambiguously state in an easily found
17 > place what kernels *they* support.
18
19 Nah, they wouldn't help. I only asked you because you said it was easy
20 to find.