From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SOLVED Re: installing an amd k6
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 00:54:24
1 Dirk Heinrichs <ext-dirk.heinrichs <at> nokia.com> writes:
2 >
3 Hello Dirk,
4
5 I posted a resonse early today, but, it never made it..
6
7 > > Are you suggesting I use this in my make.conf file?
8 > > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i586 -pipe"
9
10 > -march=k6 (or even k6-2) is OK, as listed above.
11
12 I used this:
13 CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i586 -pipe"
14
15 Because when I untarred the i586 file it was
16 what was written by default into the make.conf file by:
17 stage3-i586-2006.0.tar.bz2
18
19 When booting I gave these options
20 gentoo-nofb acpi=no nosmp
23 > For this type of machine, I'd go with the stage 3. It might recompile some
24 > of the packages, depending on your use flags upon next "emerge -DNuvp
25 > world/system", baut that's still faster than bootstrapping from stage 1.
28 I did use the latest portage I could find:
29 portage-latest.tar.bz2
30
31 The K6 is now compiling a hardened kernel.
32
33 Thanks to all, as it was a lot of little things that helped!
36 James
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list