From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Youtube-dl and file time stamps.
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 22:30:43
1 Howdy,
2
3 I'm not sure what causes this because it doesn't always do this.  When I
4 use youtube-dl to download videos, it sometimes uses the current date
5 and time for the time stamp.  I like that because I can sort by date and
6 see new videos.  On some sites tho it seems to use the time stamp of the
7 file on the server I am downloading from not when it was put on my
8 system.  Sometimes I download a video and it may have a time stamp of
9 years ago, decades sometimes.  I looked through the help page but can't
10 find a option to tell it to use local time instead of the time from the
11 remote server file.  Needless to say, when it does this, I can't tell
12 which videos I recently downloaded since sorting by time stamps is no
13 longer accurate. It's annoying.
14
15 Has anyone else noticed this behavior? Is there a way to tell it to stop
16 setting it to really old time stamps?  Some option that isn't documented
17 maybe.
18
19 Thanks.
20
21 Dale
22
24
25 P. S. Doing pretty well with my encrypted drives and stuff.  Remembering
26 the passwords can be difficult at times tho.