From: Bruce Hill <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external SSD problem
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 15:42:14
1 On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 08:15:16AM -0700, Grant wrote:
2 > >
3 > > What happens if you issue "umount /mountpoint" from a vt, rather than clicking
4 > > "eject" in Thunar?
5 >
6 > That does work fine as does right-click + Unmount from within Thunar.
7 > Ejecting from within Thunar seems to be the troublesome one.
8
9 It appears the problem is with Thunar's "eject" command then. IIRC the eject
10 apps were more, if not especially, intended for CD-ROM devices. At any rate
11 you need to investigate what is being run when this script is executed when
12 you press the radio button (or whatever) in Thunar for "eject".
13
14 sys-apps/util-linux obsoleted sys-apps/eject on 06 Sep 2012, and we still
15 sys-block/eject in portage. Which one does Thunar call?
16
17 Sorry I've no time for investigating, and don't have Thunar installed on any
18 PC atm.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Bruce
22 --
23 Happy Penguin Computers >')
24 126 Fenco Drive ( \
25 Tupelo, MS 38801 ^^
27 662-269-2706 662-205-6424
28 http://happypenguincomputers.com/
29
30 A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
31 Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
32 A: Top-posting.
33 Q: What is the most annoying thing in e-mail?
34
35 Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting