From: Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mplayer configure weirdness
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:38:21
1 Hi
2
3 I had a lot of strange problems with mplayer the last two days.
4
5 I was busy doing a system upgrade which failed halfway (due to the libxcb
6 upgrade thing). This left my mplayer broken since ffmpeg was upgraded i
7 guess. No problem, just emerge mplayer again. Tried it, and the emerge got
8 stuck at "Checking for freetype >= 2.0.9 ...". It just hanged there.
9
10 So I tried to emerge a previous version of mplayer with the same results.
11
12 Next I read the abuild and disabled all the use flags pulling in freetype.
13 Then it got stuck on libmp3-lame, so I also disabled the mp3 use flag and
14 tried again. This time configure succeeded and it is now busy compiling.
15
16 revdep-rebuild tells me that everything except mplayer is fine?
17
18 Has anyone else experienced this?
19
20 Regards