From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BIG reiserfs problem
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:55:43
1 Statux wrote:
2 >> This becomes a philosophical question but, shouldn't computers (hw and
3 >> sw) be thought to resist hard power outages as much as possible?
4 >> If UPS systems are the only feasible way to obtain it, why no one
5 >> thought to somehow include them inside desktop systems?
8 > I'm sure that they're out there but not in most applications. It's all
9 > about smaller and lighter now adays with electronics, but you could
10 > probably find a PSU and a UPS combined somewhere; not sure how big it
11 > would be or if it would fit within the ATX formfactor for desktop
12 > systems, though. Now, mounting something off the back of the case is
13 > another story...
14 >
15 > I'm getting too creative right now so I'll just stop :)
19 I'm thinking you could make the capacitors on the high voltage side MUCH
20 larger so it would last longer. It would still have to be a fast
21 shutdown though. Something like shutdown -h -t -5 minutes ago. LOL
22 The only thing about that is charging them when you first turn on the
23 computer.
24
25 Dale
26