From: 7v5w7go9ub0o <7v5w7go9ub0o@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Supercookies
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:56:39
1 Andrew Lewman wrote:
2 > On 08/20/2009 10:09 AM, Ted Smith wrote:
3 >> You don't "lose most functionality" by using free software.
4 >
5 > Not picking on Ted, but this whole thread is off-topic.
8 Arguably, this is very much on-topic.
9
10 We all know to disable active content when trying to maximize/optimize
11 anonymity.
12
13 But real world, there are situations when we need to visit sites "sub
14 optimally", and knowing how to deal with flash is increasingly an issue.
15
16 FWIW, I've always wondered; given that gnash is open source, could there
17 be a way to have both flash content and pretty-good anonymity.