From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] resolv.conf is different after every reboot
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 19:13:33
1 On Sun, 27 Jul 2014 13:33:47 +0300, Grand Duet wrote:
2
3 > > That's what replaces it when eth0 comes up.
4 > > It looks like eth0 is not being brought up fully
5 >
6 > It sounds logical. But how can I fix it?
7
8 By identifying how far it is getting and why no further. But it appears
9 that eth0 is being brought up correctly and then the config is
10 overwritten by the lo config. I'd suggest going with the suggestion of
11 disabling hotplugging for net.* interfaces.
12
13 > > what do your logs say?
14 >
15 > Could you, please, be more precise where to look for "logs".
16
17 /var/log/messages, dmesg, the standard places.
18
19 > > It might be worth putting logger commands in preup(),
20 > > postup() and failup() in conf.d/net.
21 >
22 > Currently, I have no such functions in my /etc/conf.d/net file.
23 > Shall I copy them there from
24 > /usr/share/doc/netifrc-0.2.2/net.example
25
26 Yes, they are run are various stages of bringing up the interface.
27
28 > Could you, please, be more specific on these "logger commands" too.
29
30 I meant to add a logger call to each function to see how far it gets
31
32 logger "eth0 going up"
33 logger "eth0 up"
34 logger "eth0 failed"
35
36 or something like that. but it appears this is moot and eth0 is up
37 successfully.
38
39 > > BTW, I'm not sure if it's still relevant, but I don't think you ever
40 > > posted the contents of /etc/resolvconf.conf, if it exists.
41 >
42 > I do not have such file. Of course, if you do not mean /etc/resolv.conf
43 > But I have posted its content above.
44
45 I meant /etc/resolvconf.conf, which you were asked for before, but as
46 you don't have it, the problem isn't there.
50 Neil Bothwick
51
52 Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by moving to where you
53 can't find them.