From: Damien Levac <damien.levac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xfce4 Filed to execute default File Manager
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 15:14:03
1 On 11/20/12 01:20, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 11/20/12 05:52, J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >> Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I'm running xfce4.
6 >>> When I try to click on Home folder I get:
7 >>>
8 >>> Filed to execute default File Manager
9 >>> gutenprint (Permission denied).
10 >>
11 >> Can you open a text console and try to start " gutenprint" from there?
12 >>
13 >> If that works it's possibly something in xfce and someone else who
14 >> uses that might be able to help.
15 >>
16 >> If it doesn't. Can you give the results of the following 2 commands:
17 >> # which gutenprint
18 >> # ls -lsa <result of previous command>
19 >>
20 >> It could be file permissions.
21 >>
22 >> --
23 >> Joost
24 >> --
25 >> Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
26 >
27 > For some reason or another, during upgrade, setting in:
28 > Application Menu --> Setting --> Preferred Applications
29 > FileManger got changed to "gutenprint"
30 >
31 > How did it happened, don't ask me.
32 >
33 In any case, Gutenprint is just a collection of drivers for printers (in
34 many cases used by Cups). Set that back to thunar or whatever file
35 manager you normally use.
36
37 Regards,
38 Damien