From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng keeps restarting every few minutes
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 03:21:13
1 William Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 >     Some years ago I built up a 32 bit raspberry pi gentoo userland and
5 > now have 8 copies of it running on various devices - all with the same
6 > problem.
7 >
8 > Syslog-ng is restarting every few minutes! I have been able to narrow it
9 > down to a process named "supervise" as after killing it syslog-ng
10 > settles down.
11 >
12 > I cant find where this process is configured or run from - has anyone
13 > come across this before?
16 > BillK
17
18 Is this related?
19
20 https://untroubled.org/daemontools-encore/supervise.8.html
21
22 http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/trusty/man8/supervise.8.html
23
24 While both seem to be the same, maybe one will give a clue as to where
25 it came from, what installed the creature and how to get rid of it.
26
27 Hope that helps.
28
29 Dale