From: Arnau Bria <arnau@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mysql dump bad encoding
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:06:16
1 Hi,
2
3 I've done a dump from a mysql db from my old not utf8 Debian (I don't
4 really know what it was... and now is crashed).
5
6 I've installed a fresh utf-8 gentoo and wanted to restore the db.
7
8 Now I see lots of strange characters in my new db, mainly cause old one
9 was using latin1. So, following some docs, I did an iconv to the file,
10 but this did not solve my problem. So looking a little more,
11 I found that original file already was utf8 like:
12
13 $ file drupal.sql
14 drupal.sql: UTF-8 Unicode English text, with very long lines
15
16 so, when I do a iconv from latin1 to iconv it does nothing...
17
18 Anyone has similar experience with this?
19 What may I do to correct strnage charcters from teh db?
20
21 It looks like:
22 Ni la ONU, ni la Liga Ã<81>rabe hace nada al respecto, y mientras,
23 cada día hay más muertos.
24
25 (it's spanish, accents are missing...)
26
27 Thanks in advance,
28
29 PS: I can't see my own post to list, is this normal?
32 Arnau Bria
33 http://blog.emergetux.net
34 Wiggum: Dispara a las ruedas Lou.
35 Lou: eee, es un tanque jefe.
36 Wiggum: Me tienes hartito con todas tus excusas.
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list