From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg 7.0: how to remove unwanted VIDEO_CARDS?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:13:44
1 Greetings,
2
3 yesterday I upgraded my notebook to xorg-x11-7.0-r1.
4 Compared to doing this on my desktop-system (where I ran into heavy
5 dependency-problems, solved it already ...) it went through without
6 problems.
7
8 I had added INPUT_DEVICES and VIDEO_CARDS to /etc/make.conf, according
9 to my hardware, during the emerge I wondered why I should need some
10 savage-modules on my Nvidia-notebook, so I checked back and noticed that
11 I had mistyped VIDOE_CARDS ....
12
13 Corrected that and emerged again, now much less packages.
14
15 Did that remove the unneeded/unwanted bunch of modules or do I have to
16 correct that by doing something?
17
18 Thanks for a hint,
19 greetings, Stefan.