From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] v4l need tuning?
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 19:26:59
1 Hi List,
2
3 I got a capture card (4 port composite) ages ago, and I remember I had
4 it working perfectly.
5
6 I've just reinstalled it into a fresh gentoo box and connected one of
7 the cameras, and all I'm getting is noise. I know its a real image as
8 when I put my hand over the camera lens, the image goes black, still
9 distorted but black.
10
11 From what I've been able to tell from a bit of poking around, it seems
12 that the Hsync of the camera or card isn't set right and is causing this
13 distortion.
14
15 I can't give you the exact card model as I've lost all the paperwork,
16 but it does come up as a bt878 generic card. Originally I was having
17 timeouts but solved that with a pci slot change.
18
19 I've got almost no real knowledge of v4l so I'm pretty lost as to what I
20 should be looking at next.
21
22 Any help would be much appreciated.
23