From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: PATA performance
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 11:14:36
1 On Sonntag, 29. Juni 2008, Florian Philipp wrote:
4 > cheap SATA-controller: EUR 35
5
6 your are looking at the wrong places. Cheap sata-controller: 20¤.
7
8 cheap 500gb samsung disk 55-60¤
9 cheap 400gb samsung PATA disk ~60¤
10 >
11 > By the way: Actually the mobo has two SATA-controllers but one of them
12 > crashes on POST while the other one doubles the time the POST takes.
13 > That's why they are both deactivated.
14
15 I would buy a nice, big SATA drive and take out the PATA disks (a drive that
16 supports NCQ and is not blacklisted). I did - and I never want to go back. The
17 only 'ide' device left is my burner - in an external usb enclosure.
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list