From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sendmail -> mbox useflag
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 19:18:01
1 Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
3 >
4 > What does sendmail's mbox useflag actually do ?
5 > I've seen it influences the dependencies - enabling it disables
6 > the dependency to procmail. What is this actually for ?
7
8 Sendmail writes to mbox format by default and needs procmail in order
9 to write to the Gentoo default of maildir. If you really want mbox I'd
10 add it to /etc/make.conf rather than per package. Having all things like
11 mutt, pine, etc use the same format by default will likely save you from
12 pulling your hair out at some point.
13
14 Having run a large mbox based system and then a much larger maildir
15 based system I can speak from experience when I say maildir is vastly
16 superior in almost all ways.
17
18 kashani
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list