From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fwd: Set mount point of external drive with udev rules
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:04:19
1 On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 1:29 AM, mikey <abc.mikey@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I don't blame people for not wanting to touch this with a barge pole,
3 > it's a complete nightmare. I have had success to a degree in that I
4 > created a .fdi file which gives my device a pseudo label of music so
5 > it now gets mounted as /media/music and I found a -rather basic -
6 > script to mount devices via HAL and DBUS
7 > (http://www.datapax.com.au/apps/halmount/), so if I run my script on
8 > boot then my drive starts up mounted as a unique location. This is
9 > however a hack.
10 >
11 > I have still been unable to make any kind of match using UDEV rules on
12 > my system and would like to know how or where I'm going wrong.
13
14 The {serial} in your rule does not contain the trailing spaces that
15 are in the actual udevadm output. Maybe that's the reason.