From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why is KDE part of the system set?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 23:12:07
1 On 2/23/2011 10:57 AM, Dale wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> This isn't much help, you need the parts where the KDE/QT packages are
4 >> shown as ebuild, not nomerge. That will show you what is requiring them.
5 >>
6 >> emerge -ept | grep -B 4 kdelibs should find that for you, or
7 >>
8 >> emerge -ept | most (or your preferred pager)
9 >>
10 >> then search for kdelibs.
14 > Attached is the whole thing. I'm not sure the other would have helped
15 > much and it was pretty long too.
16 >
17 > I do have a LOT of USE flags. I inspect them when I run emerge and they
18 > have accumulated over the years. Some of them may not be valid anymore.
19 > I need to clean them out I guess but portage is not complaining any. ;-)
20
21 Near as I can tell, your problem originates here:
22
23 [nomerge ] kde-base/khelpcenter-4.6.0
24 [nomerge ] kde-base/kdelibs-4.6.0-r1
25 [ebuild R ~] kde-base/nepomuk-4.6.0
26 [ebuild R ~] kde-misc/polkit-kde-kcmodules-0.98_pre20101127
27 [ebuild R ~] kde-base/khelpcenter-4.6.0
28 [ebuild R ~] sys-auth/polkit-kde-agent-0.99.0
29 [ebuild R ~] kde-base/kdelibs-4.6.0-r1
30
31 Every other KDE or Qt package in the emerge output can be traced back to
32 being a dependency of khelpcenter (directly or indirectly). Although
33 technically that's not even true, since khelpcenter *doesn't* depend on
34 kdelibs, not since 4.4.5, but your portage seems to think it still does.
35 And once you've pulled in kdelibs, you eventually depend on everything
36 else in the universe as well (including, of course, khelpcenter!).
37
38 Do you, by any chance, have a file named /etc/portage/profile/packages?
39 The only way for a package to get into your system set is if it's
40 package atom is:
41
42 * Listed in a file named 'packages' somewhere in your set of profile
43 paths, and
44 * Prefixed with a "*" within that file
45
46 --Mike