From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] K3b complains about my locale
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:32:36
1 When I crank up K3b, it complains about my setup, with the message
2
3 "System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968
4 Your system's locale charset (i.e. the charset used to encode filenames)
5 is set to ANSI_X3.4-1968. It is highly unlikely that this has been done
6 intentionally.
7 Most likely the locale is not set at all. An invalid setting will
8 result in problems when creating data projects.
9 Solution: To properly set the locale charset make sure the LC_*
10 environment variables are set. Normally the distribution setup tools take
11 care of this."
12
13 It is correct that this is not intentional (it does seem antique). I have
14 configured .mybashrc to set my LANG to "en_US", but nothing beyond that.
15 What "distribution setup tools" is it referring to, so that I can correct
16 this on gentoo?
17
18 ++ kevin