From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] problems emerging some ruby packages
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 07:48:56
1 On Wednesday, 12 October 2022 01:12:00 BST Jack wrote:
2 > On 2022.10.11 19:41, Michael wrote:
3
4 > > NOTE: ruby 3.0 and 3.1 are marked as testing.
5 >
6 > I explicitly have ruby-3.1 unmasked with "=dev-lang/ruby-3.1.2-r1
7 > ~amd64" in package.accept_keyword, and USE_RUBY="ruby31" in make.conf.
8
9 Try setting in your /etc/make.conf this expression instead:
10
11 RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31"
12
13 as per https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Ruby
14
15 and if you have not yet switched to using it, run:
16
17 eselect ruby set ruby31
20 > I do not see any reference to ruby in the profile. Is there somewhere
21 > else I need to unmask something? emerge --info also says
22 > 'RUBY_TARGETS="ruby31"' as its only reference to a specific ruby
23 > version.
24
25 That's what you'd add in your make.conf, for this ruby slot to be used
26 globally.
29 > As I said in my reply to Neil, why would this happen in just a handful
30 > of packages, but not in over thirty others? mini_mime is the other
31 > problem package, and it does not use ruby_add_bdepend so there is only
32 > one line with USE_RUBY: 'USE_RUBY="ruby26 ruby27 ruby30 ruby31"'.
33
34 I think it is relevant to how these USE variables are parsed and their syntax.
35 If you specify the ruby version via a USE flag, then this should be:
36
37 USE="ruby31" emerge -pv blah-blah
40 You need to specify it as above and since you want to use ruby31 wholesale on
41 your system, set it in make.conf as the wiki page explains.