From: "Poison BL." <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] XFCE setting sound input from USB, playback from motherboard chip.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 19:39:57
1 On Mon, Dec 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Yes, alsamixer -c0
3 > But I want "0" to be default. When I type "alsamixer" it should
4 > automatically pop us as default. Which file do I modify?
5 >
6 > --
7 > Joseph
10 I believe that's a side effect of alsa-lib being set to something
11 other than card 0 as the default device (which pulse likes to do), you
12 can either look for the relevant lines in /etc/asound.conf for the
13 system wide settings, or handle it on the user level in
14 $HOME/.asoundrc ... and the Alsa project themselves have the best docs
15 on those files here:
16 http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Asoundrc
19 Poison [BLX]
20 Joshua M. Murphy