From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] override PYTHON_TARGETS to avoid a slot collision
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 11:51:28
1 On Saturday, 19 December 2020 11:37:31 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 19 Dec 2020 12:33:10 +0100, n952162 wrote:
3 > > I do an emerge @world, it tells me I have slot collisions and stops.
4 > > Following Neil B.'s advice, I try to go through the collisions and see
5 > > what the differences are. jinja was a nice example, because there was a
6 > > collision of the same package with itself! The only difference was the
7 > > PYTHON_TARGET. I hoped someone could explain how I could force
8 > > equivalency in that simple case.
9 >
10 > You need to follow the trail back further. If portage wants to install
11 > two variants of jnja, look to see what is requiring them, that is most
12 > likely where the real solution lies.
13
14 'emerge --tree -uNDpv @system' or '@world', will also show the respective
15 dependency tree of any packages portage is trying to update. If an older
16 version of jinja is being dragged in by a non-system package, you can
17 temporarily uninstall that package and make a note of it to re-install it
18 later if you need/want to.