From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] emerge --keep-going but it doesn't
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:43:08
1 Hi folks.
2
3 I'm doing a fresh install onto another hard drive. Just felt like doing
4 a fresh one instead of copying. Anyway, I got most everything
5 installed. I was doing my last set of installs, things like seamonkey,
6 firefox, pigdin, gtkam and all the other programs I use for this and
7 that. I did copy my old make.conf over from the old install. I have
8 the --keep-going option in there. Who wants to start a LARGE emerge to
9 have it stop for some package that isn't a big deal?
10
11 I'm sure people have heard of googleearth and the file size mismatch
12 problem. I thought it was fixed since I have not had the issue in a
13 good while. Anyway, it appears it wasn't fixed. Portage stopped
14 because of this package and while it should be finished, it now has
15 about another 7 hours of compile time.
16
17 Can someone explain to me why it stopped instead of finishing with the
18 other packages? Googleearth is not a library and nothing else depends
19 on it either. It failing is not a issue. I would much rather portage
20 to have emerged the rest then told me googleearth was having its usual
21 bad hair day.
22
23 Is there another option I can use that I don't know about?
24
25 Thanks.
26
27 Dale