From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Screen resolution problem
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:59:31
1 G'day,
2
3 I'm running Xorg with a minimal config file (only 15 lines - which
4 provide font paths and set the AllowMouseOpenFail option).
5
6 When I last restarted my computer (about 3 months ago), X came up in
7 1280x1024 mode. Today I restarted X (because the shift and control
8 keys were non-responsive) and my computer is in 1024x768 mode. I much
9 prefer the higher resolution.
10
11 I have the Xorg.0.log files from the reboot 3 months ago and today's X
12 restart. What should I be looking at in them to diagnose what has
13 happened differently?
14
15 Several obvious questions arise:
16
17 _Why_ did X select a different resolution today?
18 _How_ can I get to the higher resolution?
19 _What_ can I do to prevent a recurrence of this problem?
20
21 I'm running a 2.6.28-gentoo-r5 kernel with the following packages:
22
23 x11-base/xorg-x11-7.2
24 x11-drivers/ati-drivers-8.552-r2
25 x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati-6.12.1-r1