From: Andrew Frink <andrew.frink@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] telnet localhost
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 21:33:26
1 did you enable telnet in your xinetd configs?
2
3 On 3/27/06, THUFIR HAWAT <hawat.thufir@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >
5 > On 3/27/06, Gabriel Dain <gabrieldain@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > > If you really wanted to telnet to yourself (i dont see any
7 > > circumstance in which this would be useful), you'd have to set up a
8 > > telnet/ssh server:
9 > > http://freessh.org/unix.html
10 > > --
11 > > Gabriel Dain
12 > ..
13 >
14 > I emerged
15 >
16 > netkit-telnetd
19 > which I think is sufficient for my needs (?).
23 > I'm going by the following (except that I'm doing xinit):
26 > Leafnode should run now.
27 >
28 > Try telnet on port 119:
29 >
30 > $ telnet localhost 119
31 > Hopefully you see something like that:
32 >
33 > [christian@maggie ~]$ telnet localhost 119
34 > Trying 127.0.0.1...
35 > Connected to localhost.localdomain.
36 > Escape character is '^]'.
37 > 200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.14 running at
38 > maggie.scriptkiddie.de
39 >
40 > <
41 > http://www-student.cs.uni-bonn.de/~kuester/html/slrn-with-leafnode-HOWTO-3.html