From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenVPN setup
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 20:48:26
1 On Sun, 2008-02-17 at 12:03 -0800, Grant wrote:
2 > Good points Albert. Is a daily 'emerge --sync && emerge -avDuN world'
3 > generally enough as far as tracking security vulnerabilities?
4 >
5 > - Grant
6
7 That's not really for me to say. But I can tell you that although the
8 Gentoo developers take matters of security seriously, there is no
9 full-time security tracker. Sometimes things don't get patched in
10 portage until someone (else) creates a bug report. And even if that
11 were not the case, there are 0-day exploits that have yet to be patched.
12
13 So it really depends on how informed/paranoid you are about what you
14 have accepting requests from the Internet.
17 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list