From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel 3.1.6 and loss of sound
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 01:36:49
1 On Friday 30 December 2011 21:43:54 Michael Mol wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, what are you using to try to play audio? A Pulse client? An ALSA
4 > client?
5
6 The BBC Radio 3 iPlayer, and of course the KDE start and stop sounds.
7
8 I've recompiled several packages today, in particular phonon, phonon-kde and
9 phonon-gstreamer. Sound has suddenly reappeared. So whatever the problem
10 was it seems to have been solved.
11
12 Incidentally, I had been having to keep turning the speaker volume control
13 up to hear anything, but this evening it's almost fully down.
14
15 I wish I understood all this, but thank you anyway, all those who've offered
16 help.
19 Rgds
20 Peter Linux Counter 5290, 1994-04-23