From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] MythWeb on Gentoo?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 18:19:18
1 Hi,
2 I'm wondering if there is a wiki for getting MythWeb running on
3 Gentoo. I've emerge the package, started apache2, and if I browse the
4 Myth backend server I see an 'It works' message which is simply the
5 contents of the index.htnl file in /var/www/localhost/htdocs
6 directory. When I try http://192.168.1.59/mythweb I get a directory
7 listing and not the application.
8
9 I don't see a mythweb entry using rc-update so I'm assuming the
10 only thing that needs to be started is apache2. Is this correct?
11
12 Anyway, I presume this is pretty simple but the one official
13 sounding Gentoo Wiki for this topic I find in Google seems to have
14 disappeared. I found this one:
15
16 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Setup_MythWeb
17
18 and I've copied the mythweb.conf to the apache2/modules.d directory.
19 However that stops apache from even restarting as it starts
20 complaining about all the lines that have 'php_value' in them.
21
22 Anyway, I suspect this is pretty straight forward to do once you
23 understand the secret. Anyone want to share? ;-)
24
25 Thanks,
26 Mark