From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] confused on join(1)
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 17:30:28
1 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2 > Dear all
3 >
4 > I am learning to use join to manage data processing easier. I got two
5 > data files, they should join on field No. 9.
6 >
7 > But such simple join doesn't work. The output of join is 0 bytes. Feel
8 > surprised I size down both file size to contain only two records. Still
9 > fail.
10 >
11 > $ join -t $'\t' -j 8 a b
12 > [no output]
13 >
14 > Expect:
15 > [output 2 rows]
16 >
17 > I attached my two test case, hope someone can guide me through this. It
18 > maybe very simple case but I had scratched my head half an hour now.
21 Looks like I simply didn't properly format the data, there perhaps are
22 un-necessary trailing spaces at the end of certain fields. Should be my
23 fault.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list