From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] genkernel, mounting /usr and dmraid
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 22:35:56
1 On 04/15/2012 01:20 AM, Keith Dart wrote:
2 > Dear Gentoo Users,
3 >
4 > I've got the situation where I need to pre-mount /usr. I was already
5 > using dmraid and genkernel to make in initramfs so that's not a real
6 > big deal. However, I now get the following in the console when booting:
7 >
8 > -------------
9 > /lib/udev/write_root_link_rule: line 17: udevadm: command not
10 > found /etc/init.d/udev: line 74: udevadm: command not
11 > found /etc/init.d/udev: line 74: udevadm: command not
12 > found
13 > * Starting
14 > udev ... /lib/udev/udevd: error while loading shared libraries:
15 > libkmod.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
16 > directory
17 > * start-stop-daemon: failed to start
18 > `/lib/udev/udevd'
19 > * Failed to start
20 > udev [ !!
21 > ]
22 > * ERROR: udev failed to start
23
24 It sounds like that error appears after the initramfs has done its work.
25 Have you run revdep-rebuild to make sure all your binaries are linked
26 to existing libraries?
30 > The udev elog also has this:
31 >
32 > -------
33 > │If you build an initramfs including udev, then
34 > please
35 > │ │make sure that the /usr/bin/udevadm binary gets
36 > included,
38
39 If I am not mistaken, genkernel creates an initramfs free of anythibg
40 udev. It makes use of mdev of busybox.
41
42 Best,
46 Sebastian