From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Iron penguin on usb?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 00:18:54
1 On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 22:15:38 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > Are these the best instructions to follow to createa usb bootable
4 > live gentoo image? It has to be able to install new packages and
5 > save those to the usb stick.
6 >
7 > I remember some time back (Neil) mentioned a package I was
8 > not aware of (and naturally cannot remmber the name of) that
9 > made creating USB bootable, usable, images on a usb stick
10 > straightforward?
11
12 Do you mean isohybrid? That converts an ISO image to make it suitable for
13 copying to a USB drive with dd and booting it as if it were a CD. it's
14 not suitable for your needs as it uses the whole drive as an ISO9660
15 filesystem, leaving nowhere to save your files.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.