From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] aterm into kterm?
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:57:40
1 On Monday 28 September 2009, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > On my laptop the terminal emulator is currently aterm. (I know, I
3 > know, I really should switch to rxvt-unicode already. But I am about
4 > to get a new machine soon, so am too lazy to deal with it now.)
5 >
6 > But when I ssh into other computers, and issue echo $TERM it shows
7 > kterm. Now this has caused me a bit of headache due to curses and
8 > dialog behaving funny, and I just found out today that if I export
9 > TERM=xterm after logging in, all my woes went away.
10
11 I also have aterm and tried ssh with two different machines. Both return rxvt
12 which is what echo $TERM gives when in a local terminal.
13
14 (At some point I was thinking of using mrxvt, but fluxbox allows me to stack
15 multiple aterms into a single tabbed terminal so I haven't tried it yet).
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick