From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-china <gentoo-china@××××××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to get microphone work in gentoo?
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 13:55:12
1 On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 5:55 AM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > hi,
3 >
4 > i searched for a while and found out microphone does not work in linux
5 > for most people...
6 >
7 > despite of this, i still post here, and hope someone could help me.
8 >
9 > my system is thinkpad t61, intel HD audio, gentoo amd64, i have ALSA
10 > and intel audio driver compiled in my kernel.
13 > --
14 > Best Regards,
15 > David Shen
16 >
17 > http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
20 Intel HDA here. Mic input on my works fine.
21
22 1) Make sure mic volume is up and mix is not muted.
23
24 2) Compile Alsa as modular. Almost always works better and is
25 recommended modular by Alsa developers over the years.
26
27 The one thing that hasn't worked for me so far is passing the mic
28 input up to to VMWare's sound card. Audio works fine - I can hear
29 Windows apps - but Windows apps don't receive my mic.
30
31 - Mark
32
33 - Mark