From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] LiveCD with rdiff-backup?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:39:09
1 On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:04:29 -0400, fire-eyes wrote:
2
3 > I am using rdiff-backup for my full system backups. Of course, it would
4 > be annoying if I had to use it to do a full restore. I would need a
5 > LiveCD with rdiff-backup on it.
6
7 You wouldn't, unlress you needed to recover older versions of files. The
8 current versions can be restored with cp, which I'm fairly sure the
9 LiveCD includes.
10
11 There's a thread on the forums on bulding a LiveCd that I found very
12 useful. I use this to build the system I need and use squashfs to
13 archive the backups. then I write the whole lot to a DVD (make sure you
14 have the squashfs stuff enabled in the Live kernel). then I can boot from
15 the DVD, mount a backup of a filesystem and copy the stuff back.
16
17 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-244837-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-hal-start-0.html
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 I locked my coathanger in my car; good thing I had a key.