From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Only one processor ?
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 17:22:20
1 Keats wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > on a recent gentoo installation,
4 > i ve noticed that i have only one of my processor detected...
5 > i have dual xeon ht so i should have 4 processors detected but i only
6 > have two, like on my xeon ht...
7 > physical id : 0 for the two processors detected means that only one
8 > physicval processor is detected...
9
10 I'd suspect the bios at this point. The other gotcha is that without
11 ACPI in 2.6.15... and maybe earlier you don't see the HT CPUs either.
12 That looks fine in your config so I don't think it's your kernel.
13
14 I do recall reading some articles recently about HT being not so good
15 in server environments. It's possible your provider sets them up without
16 hT by default.
17
18 kashani
19 --