From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Blocked packages
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 08:24:04
1 On Thursday, May 22, 2014 05:08:17 PM Zoltán Kócsi wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'm fairly new to Gentoo and I have a blocking issue which I don't
5 > really understand.
6 >
7 > I want to install some packages with docs but emerge tells me that it
8 > can't do that. Quite interestingly it complains about blocked packages.
9 >
10 > One of them is openrc and the other is linux-util. I don't want to
11 > delete either one, and wisely so, because even emerge tells me that
12 > they are part of my system profile and should not be deleted.
13 >
14 > Now the actual questions I have are the following:
15 >
16 > - Why does emerge complain about blocking packages when I want to
17 > recompile a few *other* packages, already on the system and all I
18 > want is their documentation created?
19 >
20 > - If those two packages do indeed block each other, why are they in my
21 > system profile, which was set up by Gentoo itself when I installed
22 > the system?
23 >
24 > - If they block each other, how did both get installed on the machine?
25 >
26 > - Why do they block each other? As far as I could see, they are not
27 > clashing, one is a SysV type init scripts and the 'rc' binary and the
28 > other is all sorts of utilities and system management stuff.
29 >
30 > Thanks,
31 >
32 > Zoltan
33
34 Can you send the actual emerge-output you are seeing along with the full
35 emerge-command you are issuing?
36
37 Many thanks,
38