From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sound doesn't work on Asus-P5B-Deluxe
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:28:12
1 On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 13:10:35 +0100, rdkrsr wrote:
2
3 > I try now for a few days to get sound working. At boot I see a message
4 > that alsa is loaded and I can hear a slight sound (as if I switch on
5 > my speakers) at that moment. I also hear that sound if I change volume
6 > in beep column of alsamixer. But no sound appears with command line
7 > players or in kde (system sounds).
8
9 I have a P5B with working sound and these are my sound settings
10
11 % zgrep SND_HDA /proc/config.gz
12 CONFIG_SND_HDA_INTEL=m
13 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_HWDEP is not set
14 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_INPUT_BEEP is not set
15 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_REALTEK=y
16 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ANALOG=y
17 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SIGMATEL=y
18 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_VIA=y
19 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_ATIHDMI=y
20 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_NVHDMI=y
21 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CONEXANT=y
22 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_CMEDIA=y
23 CONFIG_SND_HDA_CODEC_SI3054=y
24 CONFIG_SND_HDA_GENERIC=y
25 # CONFIG_SND_HDA_POWER_SAVE is not set
28 % cat /etc/conf.d/alsasound
29 # ENABLE_OSS_EMUL:
30 # Do you want to enable in-kernel oss emulation?
31 # no - Do not load oss emul drivers
32 # yes - Load oss emul drivers if they're found
33
34 ENABLE_OSS_EMUL="yes"
35
36 # RESTORE_ON_START:
37 # Do you want to restore your mixer settings? If not, your cards will be
38 # muted.
39 # no - Do not restore state
40 # yes - Restore state
41
42 RESTORE_ON_START="yes"
43
44 # SAVE_ON_STOP:
45 # Do you want to save changes made to your mixer volumes when alsasound
46 # stops?
47 # no - Do not save state
48 # yes - Save state
49
50 SAVE_ON_STOP="yes"
51
52 # LOAD_ON_START:
53 # Do you want to load sound modules when alsasound starts?
54 # Note: The Gentoo ALSA developers encourage you to build your sound
55 # drivers into the kernel unless the device is hotpluggable or
56 # you need to supply specific options (such as model= to HD-Audio).
57 # no - Do not load modules
58 # yes - Load modules
59 LOAD_ON_START="yes"
60
61 # Deprecated options:
62 # Upstream feels, and we wholehartedly agree, that this was a silly idea
63 UNLOAD_ON_STOP="no"
64 KILLPROC_ON_STOP="no"
67 % grep -v '^#' /etc/modprobe.d/alsa
68
69 alias /dev/mixer snd-mixer-oss
70 alias /dev/dsp snd-pcm-oss
71 alias /dev/midi snd-seq-oss
72
73 alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
74 alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
78 Neil Bothwick
79
80 When you are out of whack, the best thing to do is to order more whack.