From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] pmount question
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 00:09:59
1 G'day,
2
3 My USB subsystem is working much better now (than it was this
4 weekend). /etc/fstab had a reference to "/dev/hdb" which no my current
5 kernel no longer supports. Removing this has improved flash drive
6 mounting a whole lot!
7
8 I've also modified /etc/udev/rules.d/10-local.rules to use "pmount
9 device label" rather than "mount -a". This is mounting flash drives
10 in /media as desired:
11
12 root@osage media # ls -l
13 total 32
14 drwx------ 19 root plugdev 16384 Dec 31 1969 PNY
15 drwx------ 3 root plugdev 16384 Dec 31 1969 SD_2G
16
17 However (as can be seen above) the permissions are 700, which
18 makes the drives unusable by members of the plugdev group.
19
20 Alternatively, I can use "pmount -u 007 device label" to provide full
21 access to the plugdev group. This seems awkward and inelegant.
22
23 What's the right way to use pmount and set permissions?
24
25 Regards,
26
27 David