From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 1-long 3-short beeps
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 16:19:36
1 On 06/14/2017 09:24 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I think on ASUS that code means no VGA detected.
3 >
4 > I'm not sure if modern firmwares still output to port 80, but if so
5 > that might be another way to narrow it down assuming you have a card.
6 >
7 > I'm sure there are faults on the motherboard side that could result in
8 > problems accessing the video card even if the card is otherwise
9 > functioning. A physical slot problem certainly could do it.
10 >
11 > I suspect you'll end up replacing the motherboard one way or another...
12 >
13 > --
14 > Rich
15
16 I'll know in few days, but I suspect you are correct. The motherboard
17 will need to be replaced.
18
19 Though most likely I'll select a different motherboard if that will be
20 possible.
23 Thelma