From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Steam is still BROKEN
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 18:05:18
1 On Sunday, 29 July 2018 18:42:18 BST Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Daniel Salas Rodriguez wrote:
3 > > On 07/29/2018 09:34 AM, Alan Grimes wrote:
4 > >> James Stevenson wrote:
5 > >>> I've migrated all of my gaming over to GOG. I kept some of the x86_32
6 > >>> libraries from ~/.local/share/steam incase I need to add them to the
7 > >>> library path for launching some games but otherwise I've removed steam
8 > >>> from my PC. I've also set my video drivers to 32b in my package.use
9 > >>> but that's my whole setup.
10 > >>
11 > >> I had been operating under the assumption that my windows machine was
12 > >> the unstable platform and was preferentially selecting games that I
13 > >> could run on Linux....
14 > >
15 > > Why would you assume that WIndows is the unstable one when every game is
16 > > built with Windows as the first class citizen? Even if you are changing
17 > > it every day it should be way better than running in Linux.
18 >
19 > I believed the lies about open source and linux etc, even despite my
20 > lived experience... Mostly because I hate Micro$oft to death...
21 >
22 > =\
23 >
24 > What in god's name are the linux ppl trying to build here?!?!?!
25 >
26 > It's certainly not a stable, usable, and reliable operating system...
27
28 My systems are just so.
29
30 But I don't run ~arch ... ;-)