From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge all packages which depend on P : how to
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 13:04:49
1 2014-02-20 13:38 GMT+01:00 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have a very simple question. How to emerge (update) all packages which
5 > depend on some
6 > given package P.
7 >
8 > I've tried
9 >
10 > emerge -uv1 `equery -q d P`
11 >
12 > or emerge -uv1 `qdepends -q -Q P`
13 >
14 > but both commands (equery and qdepends) generate a list with the version
15 > attached like
16 > app-editors/kile-2.1.3
17 > which emerge doesn't like (unless there is an '= in front of each name)
18 >
19 > Is there an easy way to do so without resorting to shell/python scripting?
20 >
21 > Many thanks for a hint,
22 > Helmut
25 Hi, I just had a look on eix and figured out that "eix --deps -# -I P"
26 lists all packages in short for that are installed and have P in their
27 dependency variables plus the package itself.
28
29 Hope to help
34 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
35
36 Randolph Maaßen