From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] nvidia-firmware for GT520
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 07:57:47
1 According to [1] my Nvidia GT520 needs FW for VP4.2 video acceleration support. I found there is a Gentoo package which seems to provide the Nvidia FW. According to [2] my card should be part of NVC0 family (Fermi), in particular code name NVD9 (GF119). Nvidia-firmware contains binaries with names that somehow resemble the nvc0 of the family name (e.g. nvc0_bsp, nvc0_fuc084, nvco_fuc085, nvc0_ppp...) but I am not at all sure how should I use them.
2
3 Should I embed them in the kernel as I do for e.g. the AMD drivers?
4 How do I verify they are correctly loaded when needed?
5
6 Thanks,
7
8 Raffaele