From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any EMail client for vim ?
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:32:20
1 On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 06:22:59PM +0200, Penguin Lover Meino Christian Cramer squawked:
2 > Each mail is in a separate file, which is simply numbered per folder.
3 >
4 If each mail is a separate mail, it is most likely _not_ mbox.
5 Probably maildir.
6
7 Googling shows several mailing macros for Vim, but most of them (VMH,
8 vimail vim-mail) are alpha software, and probably not what you want.
9
10 If you are persistent, you should go on vim.org and look in 'scripts',
11 I know there is a mailbrowser.vim script that allows browsing of mbox
12 formats, but I don't know if such a thing is possible with maildir (it
13 requires opening multiple files in the same folder and generating a
14 index of mails, no?)
15
16 Best,
17
18 W
19 --
20 Seen outside the LINAC control room @ Fermi Nat'l Accelerator Laboratory:
21 (an _official_ sign)
22 PLEASE DON'T FEED THE OPERATORS
23 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 3 days, 23:49
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list