From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Disabling ssh password login on all accounts?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 10:22:29
1 The one sevice I have listening for external connections on my laptop
2 is sshd (192.168.1.0/24). Before taking it anywhere, I want to prohibit
3 password-based login for *ALL* accounts, not just root. This would
4 require users to be listed in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys Looking through
5 /etc/ssh/sshd_config I *THINK* that I need to set "no" at...
6
7 # To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
8 #PasswordAuthentication yes
9
10 Is that correct? If not, what is the correct setting to change?
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications