From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1:
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:31:10
1 On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:46:35 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 Replying here because I didn't get the original.
4
5 > Fred Kastl wrote:
6
7 > > I cannot start mplayer because of :
8 > >
9 > > mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libGL.so.1: cannot open
10 > > shared object file: No such file or directory
11
12 mplayer is very sensitive to changes in any libraries it uses. I suspect
13 you have recently updated the package providing libGL.so (it could be
14 mesa or your graphics card drivers), in which case, you need to re-emerge
15 mplayer.
16
17 emerge --oneshot mplayer
18
19 revdep-rebuild should pick up this, and any other incompatibilities
20 caused by such an upgrade.
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Adolescence, n.: The stage between puberty and adultery.