From: James Colannino <gentoo@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Sphinx-2, voice command and dictation
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 17:35:28
1 So who here has setup Sphinx voice recognition engine and actually used
2 it for something useful? It looks like an awesome application, but
3 unfortunately it does seem rather suited for developers, and of course I
4 know very little about voice recognition. The documents on the homepage
5 weren't really about using it for a particular purpose as they were
6 about the way it works, and googling didn't turn much up. What should I
7 do to get started? Also, does anybody know anything about Sphinx-3 as
8 opposed to Sphinx-2? Sphinx-3 unfortunately wasn't in portage :(
9
10 Thanks everyone!
11
12 James