From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone switched to eudev yet?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 22:22:14
1 On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 2:13 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > On Tue, 25 Dec 2012 14:00:36 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >> > The right tools are included, and documented, with your kernel.
5 >> > Create a plain text config file detailing the contents of the
6 >> > initramfs and set CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE to the path top this file.
7 >> > That and an init script are all you need to have the initramfs
8 >> > automatically built with the current versions of all files when you
9 >> > compile your kernel.
10 >
11 >> If you have one handy and it's not something huge (I don't think it is
12 >> but I don't really know) maybe you could post an example of what that
13 >> file looks like?
14 >
15 > This is the file I use on a system that has / on a LUKS filesystem on top
16 > of LVM. The format is documented in the kernel docs at
17 > Documentation/filesystems/ramfs-rootfs-initramfs.txt
20 Thanks for the Xmas present! I've wanted to try it this way but never
21 got up the energy to go do it all from scratch on my own. This should
22 help me (and maybe Dale?) ;-) ;-) alot.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark