From: gentoo-user@××××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem while writing ebuild
Date: Thu, 04 May 2017 11:13:48
1 On 17-05-04 at 17:59, Danny YUE wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > As a noob in ebuild files, I got some problems while created my own
5 > ebuild. I googled a lot but did not really find any clue.
6 If you have questions on ebuild files, checking [1] is probably the best
7 bet. Has generic information on ebuilds as well as specific information
8 regarding specific eclasses.
9
10 > Let's say package A has features B and C. They are Github repositories
11 > and A is the entry, while B and C are submodules.
12 >
13 > Now I want to make it three different packages respectively, and use USE
14 > flags to control which to install just like texlive.
15 >
16 [..]
17 >
18 > 2) Only A has Github release URL, B and C by default should be fetched
19 > via `git submodule...'. How am I supposed to fetch these packages in my
20 > ebuild file? Download inside `src_unpack'?
21 git-r3.eclass has an EGIT_SUBMODULES array that you can populate
22 according to the use flags, but you'll probably have to specify the main
23 repo uri for A in both A, B, and C as the EGIT_REPO_URI and then just cd
24 to the submodule in the ebuild for B/C. See [2] for more information.
25
26 [1]: https://devmanual.gentoo.org/
27 [2]: https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/git-r3.eclass/index.html
30 Simon Thelen